Trace the Past

Old Places Name in Shapingba

21th January 2018

Articles

地名是地域文化的載體,尤其是那些口口相傳留下的老地名,更是不少人的鄉愁記憶。第二次全國地名普查進入最後驗收階段,我市共收錄近40萬條地名。在地名普查中,除了地名的地理屬性,其文化屬性也是重要的普查內容。

Place names bear the regional culture and those old names are passed on by word of mouth, carrying the nostalgia of many people. The second national survey on place names is in the final acceptance phase. Nearly 400,000 place names have been recorded. In addition to the geographical attributes of the names, cultural attributes are also a focus in this survey.

從沙坪壩區民政局瞭解到,作為文化大區的沙坪壩,有近8000多條地名,其中600多條屬於歷史地名。那些耳熟能詳的老地名有何來曆?沙坪壩區將率先對地名普查結果進行成果轉換,為老地名出書,還將開發地名APP,讓市民可以隨手查詢各種地名資訊。

News from Shapingba Civil Affairs Bureau said that, as a district of culture, more than 600 names out of more than 8,000 recorded have historical significance. What are the origins of those familiar old names? Shapingba District was the first to publish books for old place names based on the survey results. There are plans to develop an APP about place names, so that people could conveniently search for information about them.

Trace the Past-1

漢渝路:漢渝公路在重慶的起始點

漢渝路,起於三角碑,止於嘉陵江邊的中渡口,沿途的學校工廠挺多,是不少人的必經之路,它有什麼來歷?

漢渝公路是陝西省漢中至重慶的公路,為抗戰時期軍事運輸需要而修建,取重慶的簡稱“渝”與漢中的“漢”作為道路名稱。

Hanyu Road: starting point of Hanyu Highway.

Trace the Past-2

Hanyu Road, starting from Sanjiaobei and ending at the middle ferry of Jialing River, is the only path available for many people. Many schools and factories are located by this road. What’s the origin of it?

Hanyu Highway, built for military transport during the Anti-Japanese War, connects the Hanzhong, Shaanxi Province with Chongqing. It was named by “Yu” and “Han”, the abbreviations of Chongqing and Hanzhong, respectively.

土灣:因嘉陵江流經此地形成彎道而得名

在重慶,有不少形象地名,比如土灣,因嘉陵江流經此地長期沖刷形成彎道而得名。

據瞭解,1932年建成的老成渝公路經此分為上土灣路和下土灣路兩段,現仍為連接紅岩嘴和小龍坎的主通道。

Tuwan: named by the river bend formed there.

Trace the Past-3

Many of place names in Chongqing are rather vivid. For example, Tuwan received its name from the bend formed by the long-term erosion of the Jialing River.

It is said that the old Chengdu – Chongqing Highway completed in 1932 was divided into the Upper Tuwan Road and Lower Tuwan Road at Tuwan and is still the main channel connecting Hongyanzui and Xiaolongkan.

新橋:建橋竣工時因新娘花轎路過而得名

新橋,很多重慶人都不陌生,卻不一定知道它為何叫新橋。

 據傳,清同治年間此地建橋竣工時,巧遇新娘花轎路過,於是該橋取名為新橋。

新橋因新娘出名,雙碑則是因碑成名。清道光年間,在雙碑一帶修建通往巴縣新店子、北碚的石板路各一條,立指路碑兩塊,所以取名雙碑。

Xinqiao: named after a bridal sedan chair passing by.

Chongqing people are very familiar with Xinqiao, but might not know why it was named that.

Legend has it that, during the reign of Tongzhi in Qing Dynasty, a bridal sedan chair happened to pass by when the bridge was completed. Therefore the bridge is called Xinqiao.

Xinqiao got its name because of a passing bride, Shuangbei received its name because of steles. During the reign of Daoguang in Qing Dynasty, two stone steles were set up respectively for the flagging leading to Xindianzi, Baxian County, and Beibei; therefore it is called Shuangbei.

磁器口:最早的名字叫白崖場

磁器口最早的名字叫白崖場,始於宋真宗鹹平年間,因為這裏曾有一座白岩寺而得名。此後,瓷器在很長一段時間成為龍隱鎮的主要產業,鎮裏的街道上忙裏忙外的幾乎全是外地駕船來裝運瓷器的貨商,人們漸漸把龍隱鎮改口叫成了瓷器口。後來,因為“瓷”字與“磁”相通,又被叫成了磁器口。

Ciqikou: originally named Baiyachang.

Trace the Past-4

Ciqikou was originally called Baiyachang because of a Baiyan Temple once located there during the period of 998 to 1003 in the Northern Song Dynasty. Hereafter, eventually porcelain became the main industry of this place. The town was full of nonlocal grocers for porcelain business. Gradually, people called this place Ciqikou. As time goes by, the character Ci, which literally means ‘porcelain’ was changed into another homophone, which literally means magnetism.

這些地名

你知道它們的來歷嗎

詹家溪:該地因有小溪環繞,1890年時有一詹姓地主在溪口附近修建宅院,故有詹家溪之名。

團結壩:原名柏樹灣。1952年重慶特殊鋼廠在此修建辦公樓和職工住宅區,以團結互助之意定現名。

 虎溪:此地因森林植被茂密,溪水清澈,常有老虎到溪中飲水,因此而得名。

Do you know the origins of these place names?

Zhanjiaxi: a brook embraces it and in 1890, a landlord Zhan built his messuage near the brook; and therefore it was called Zhanjiaxi.

Tuanjieba: formally called Baishuwan. In 1952, the Chongqing Special Steel Plant built its office building and apartments for staff there. It is therefore called Tuanjieba, which indicates unity and mutual aid.

Huxi: this place has dense forest and clear brook. It received its current name because tigers once drank water from the brook.

來源:華龍網



Share to