TRAVEL TIPS IN CHONGQING
Consulates in Chongqing
Consulate General of the UK 英国驻重庆总领事馆
渝中区邹容路 68 号大都会商厦 28 楼
Tel: +86 (23) 6369 1500
Consulate General of Canada 加拿大驻重庆领事馆
渝中区邹容路 68 号大都会商厦 17-05
Tel: +86 (23) 6373 8007
Royal Consulate General of Denmark 丹麦驻重庆总领事馆
渝中区邹容路 68 号大都会商厦 3101
Tel: +86 (23) 6383 6008 / 6372 6200
Consulate General of Italy 意大利驻重庆总领事馆
49F, WFC, No.188 Minzu Rd, Yuzhong
Tel: +86 (23) 6383 2511
Consulate General of the Republic of Hungary匈牙利驻重庆总领事馆
36F-A,No.235 Min Sheng Road, YuZhong
重庆市渝中区民生路 235 号 36 楼 A
Tel: +86 (23) 6160 9606
Consulate General of Japan 日本驻重庆总领事馆
37F,Metropolitan,No. 68 Zourong Rd,Jiefangbei
渝中区邹容路 68 号大都会商厦 37 楼
Tel: +86 (23) 6373 3585
Royal Consulate General of Cambodia 柬埔寨驻重庆总领事馆
China Life Tower,10F,2 Kuaizi St,Yuzhong
渝中区筷子街 2 号中国人寿大厦第 10 层
Tel: +86 (23) 6311 3666
Consulate General of the Republic of Philippines 菲律宾驻重庆总领事馆
29F/3-5,Metropolitan,No.68 Zourong Rd,Jiefangbei
渝中区邹容路 68 号大都会商厦 29 楼 3-5
Tel: +86 (23) 6381 0832
Consulate General of Netherlands 荷兰驻重庆总领事馆
54F,IFC, No.28 Minquan Rd. Yuzhong
民权路 28 号英利国际金融中心 54 楼
Consulate General of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia 埃塞俄比亚联邦民主共和国驻重庆总领事馆
Xinhua Intenational Business Building, Minquan Rd.Yuzhong District.
Visa in Chongqing
Who are taking care of the visa matters in Chongqing? According to the Administrative Law of the People’s Republic of China on Entry and Exit of Foreigners, foreigners entering China should apply for a visa to the Chinese diplomatic representative or consular offices, or other institutions authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of People’s Republic of China.
While applying for a visa, a visa notice issued by an authorized Chinese organization should be presented. Visa notice could be obtained from the Chinese host organization, or the Chinese side of a joint venture, or the warranty company of the foreign representative office and the solely foreign-invested company, after being reviewed by the corresponding supervising commission, office or bureau and approved by the authorized organization. Invitations belonging to foreign trade sector should be submitted to the Municipal Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation Commission for examination and approval and issuance of visa notice; invitations belonging to tourist sector should be submitted to the Municipal Tourism Administration Commission for examination and approval and issuance of visa notice; the authorized group companies issue visa notices to foreigners invited by their affiliates for trade or investment activities; other visa matters shall be dealt with by Administration of Exit and Entry of Chongqing Public Security Bureau for the issuance of visa notice.
Department of Responsibility
Administration of Exit and Entry of Chongqing Public Security Bureau
Address:No.555 Huanglong Rd,Yubei 渝北区黄龙路 555 号
Tell: +86 (23) 6375 2666
Office hour: 9:00-12:00 & 14:00-17:00
What kind of visa shall I apply?
Chinese visas fall into four types: diplomatic visa, courtesy visa, service visa and ordinary visa. Ordinary visas are further divided into the following categories:
- "C" Issued to foreign crew members of means of international transportation, including aircraft, trains and ships, or motor vehicle drivers engaged in cross-border transport activities, or to the accompanying family members of the crew members of the above-mentioned ships.
- "D" Issued to those who intend to reside in China permanently.
- "F" Issued to those who intend to go to China for exchanges, visits, study tours and other activities.
- "G" Issued to those who intend to transit through China.
- "J1" Issued to resident foreign journalists of foreign news organizations stationed in China. The intended duration of stay in China exceeds 180 days.
- "J2" Issued to foreign journalists who intend to go to China for short-term news coverage. The intended duration of stay in China is no more than 180 days.
- "L" Issued to those who intend to go to China as a tourist.
- "M" Issued to those who intend to go to China for commercial and trade activities.
- "Q1" Issued to those who are family members of Chinese citizens or of foreigners with Chinese permanent residence and intend to go to China for family reunion, or to those who intend to go to China for the purpose of foster care. The intended duration of stay in China exceeds 180 days. "Family members" refers to spouses, parents, sons, daughters, spouses of sons or daughters, brothers, sisters, grandparents, grandsons, granddaughters and parents-in-law.
- "Q2" Issued to those who intend to visit their relatives who are Chinese citizens residing in China or foreigners with permanent residence in China. The intended duration of stay in China is no more than 180 days.
- "R" Issued to those who are high-level talents or whose skills are urgently needed in China.
- "S1" Issued to those who intend to go to China to visit the foreigners working or studying in China to whom they are spouses, parents, sons or daughters under the age of 18 or parents-in-law, or to those who intend to go to China for other private affairs. The intended duration of stay in China exceeds 180 days.
- "S2" Issued to those who intend to visit their family members who are foreigners working or studying in China, or to those who intend to go to China for other private matters. The intended duration of stay in China is no more than 180 days. "Family members" refers to spouses, parents, sons, daughters, spouses of sons or daughters, brothers, sisters, grandparents, grandsons, granddaughters and parents-in-law.
- "X1" Issued to those who intend to study in China for a period of more than 180 days.
- "X2" Issued to those who intend to study in China for a period of no more than 180 days.
- "Z" Issued to those who intend to work in China.
Can a visa be extended?The validity period of a visa refers to the time limit for the bearer to enter China, and it is irrelevant to the duration period of stay in China. The duration of stay refers to the period allowed for the bearer to stay in China starting on the date of entry. If the visitor fails to complete his/her work at the duration period of stay, he/she should go to the Entry and Exit Administration of the Shanghai Public Security Bureau to extend the visa. 30 days of extension could be granted to a "F" visa if the application is submitted by the bearers host organization while 90 days could be granted if the application is submitted by the supervising commission, office or bureau of the host organization and the visa could be renewed repeatedly within one year. "L" visa can be renewed only once for 30 days.
72-hour Visa-free Policy
Starting from Nov, 2013, Southwest China's Chongqing Municipality launched 72-hour visa-free stays for travelers from 51 countries, becoming the fifth city on the mainland to introduce the policy. Jiangbei International Airport in Chongqing will apply the visa-free policy to passengers from countries including the United States, Britain, France, Germany, Canada and Japan. To enjoy the policy, travelers should hold third country visas and have booked plane tickets leaving for a third country or region within 72 hours.
The 51 visa-free countries are:
Albania, Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- 1、The passengers of the 51 countries should hold transit flight tickets to a third nation or region.
- 2、The passengers of the 51 countries should have their valid international travel documents and visas of the third nation or region.
- 3、The passengers of the 51 countries are allowed to stay in the administrative areas of Shanghai within 144 hours.
- 4、The passengers of the 51 countries should exit through the same airport which they enter.
Useful Phone Number
City code: 21
China Mobile: 10086
China Telecom: 10000
China Unicom: 10010
What is travel insurance?
Travel operator or traveler pays insurance premium to insurer pursuant to travel insurance contract, and insurer assumes compensation liability with respect to travel operator or traveler for the damage to property, death and disability caused by accident during travel pursuant to travel insurance contract.
Why does traveler need to take out travel insurance?
In the course of travel, various risks exist. Taking out travel insurance is the best way to cover the loss or damage in a preemptive manner.
What does travel accident insurance insure traveler against?
Travel accident insurance may insure traveler against
● accidental death or disability
● actual medical expenses incurred by accidents
● hospitalization expenses incurred by serious bodily injuries and the transportation and accommodation expenses incurred by family members and relatives who come to visit in case of need.
● loss of property or travel documents taken by traveler
● cancellation of travel due to accidents or illness
● delay of flight or ship caused by situations like bad weather or overbooking
● legal claims against the traveler arising from the loss of or damage to the property of other people or bodily injury to other people caused by accidents
● baggage delay
How can traveler take out travel insurance?
Traveler can get informed about and take out travel insurance at travel agencies or through the websites of travel agencies, the websites and call centers of insurers.
Helpful Tips about Travel Insurance
1. You should take out travel accident injury insurance.
Travel insurance contains travel agency liability insurance and travel accident insurance. Travel agency liability insurance insures travel agencies against claims against them which arise from loss and damage during the course of their business. The insured of the travel accident insurance is traveler, who is insured against disability, death or loss of other nature caused by accidents; in this case, the insurer pays insurance money to the insured and the beneficiary of the insurance.
You should purchase the travel accident insurance product that best suits you based on the characteristics of your journey.
2. You should provide all true personal data on the insurance policy.
Failure to do so could lead to refusal to make compensation on the part of the insurer.
3. You should read the insurance contract carefully.
You should request a complete insurance contract from the insurer or insurance agent, read it carefully and fully and clearly understand the scope of liabilities and claims.
4. It is not true that the more insurance, the better.
At present, there are a lot of insurance products available on the market, with different insurance periods, insurance liabilities and insurance premiums. You should clearly and fully understand the coverage of the insurance, so that you won’t pay premium on different products that have the same coverage.
5. You should pay special attention to the items not covered by the insurance.
Travel insurance does not insure you against all risks. Travel insurance policy will generally indicate the items that are not covered, like war, armed conflict, disease that already exists before the insurance is taken out, strike, and any highly risky activity, among others. You should confirm whether your activities during your travel are covered by your insurance policy. If you have any questions, check with the insurer or insurance agent.
How can you choose different types of insurance based on different ways of travel?
1、Outbound travel:Travel rescue insurance is highly recommended. Once you are in trouble in a foreign country, you can contact the rescue organization that has formed partnerships with the insurer. If you are to travel to developed countries in Europe or North America, you should be fully aware whether or not the medical coverage is adequate as the local medical expenses could be prohibitive.
2、Driving:Taking out insurance for both yourself and the car is highly recommended.
3、Adventure: Be aware that the ordinary personal accident insurance generally does not insure you against highly risky activities. So you need to take out a special insurance to insure yourself against losses that could arise from extreme sports.
If an accident occurs during your travel, what should you do?
Stay clam and immediately notify relevant organizations, including travel agency, rescue organization and insurer. You should keep all the original copies of documents related to the accident, including certificate of transportation and certificate of accident (issued by local public security departments), certificate of diagnosis, medical expense receipt (issued by the hospital or medical institution) and forensic identification document, which will be provided to the insurer in the future for claims.
In addition, you should take with you the emergency hotline number, the insurance policy number, the hotline number of the insurer, your insurance card and credit card.